Carpenter Profile and Description
Carpenters are those professionals whom we require to get some of the most important tasks of the home, office, school etc done. From construction work to that of floor covering all are done by them. They need to accurately measure and calculate dimensions and come with the ability to use specific tools and equipments. Until a person is physically strong and agile he can never become a successful carpenter for this job requires the ability to climb ladders, lift heavy objects etc.
Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
- Building, finishing and repairing both residential and commercial structures manufactured with any and every type of materials- from wood to that of metal.
- Working on other types of projects like bridges and dams.
- Building of wood framing for stairs, decks, roofs and for all forms of concrete and frame buildings.
- Installing cabinets, wooden flooring, siding, counter tops etc.
- Performing preventative maintenance on hand and planers, power saws, lathes, shapers, drills etc.
- Installing locks, knobs, hinges and other fixtures to structures which show that installing is often followed after the process of manufacturing a structure and furnishing piece.
- Cleaning equipments, shops, work site area etc.
Carpenter Skills and Specifications
- Skilled in carpentry
- Ability to do paperwork
- Ability to sketch efficiently
- Good coordination of eyes and hands
Carpenter Education and Qualifications
- No formal training is required in order to pursue the career of carpentry. However, knowledge of policies relating to safety, quality and cost control is essential.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the hourly rate for a carpenter would be in between $15.87 to $40.45 an hour. However the job availability and the rate of income depend upon the economy.